Thursday, February 18, 2016

Norwex Mop Reviews. AKA the Floor System

Interested in the Norwex Floor Systems? 
Norwex  offers several variations.  Instead of posting individual links to each item (because there are many), I’m going to give you a link to the landing page for all of the items combined.  You can see them all right here.

I picked the Superior Mop System.  At almost 2’ wide, this mop takes care of business quickly!  The Floor Systems offer three different pads, a dry pad for dusting/sweeping floors, a wet pad for mopping, and a tile pad for tiled floors.  All of the pads are washable, and work with just water.  Gone are the days of needing Swiffer pads and solution. 

My notes on the dry pad:  I normally sweep along the perimeter of the room, then do the middle in a large figure 8 pattern.  Doing so keeps the few things that the mop doesn’t pick up together, for easy pickup in a dustpan.  Have you ever swept your floor, walked across it two minutes later and still felt little pieces of dirt all over the place?  I can honestly say the Norwex mop puts an end to that.  When I am done, I just take it to the trash can, and brush it off with the rubber brush.  The rubber brush works amazing by the way, and can also be used on the dusting mitt.  When my pads get really dirty, I throw them in the washer.  I always wash them in hot water, as it allows the microfibers to expand to release the dirt.  And a reminder, while you don’t HAVE to use Norwex Ultra Power Plus Detergent, it is recommended because it contains no fillers.  Fillers can attach to the tiny microfibers and cause your pad to lose some of it effectiveness.  Same goes for lint, which is why I always wash my Norwex products separately from my other laundry.

My notes on the wet pad:  Another great product BUT it did take me some time to get the right balance of the amount of water I needed to use.  It’s also super absorbent and I have found it very useful for mopping up spills, or when we track in wetness on rainy days, or snow.  Care tips are exactly the same as the dry pad.

Tile Pad:  Not just for tile.  I actually consider this as my “heavy duty” pad.  I’ve used it on my wood floors, tile floors, and laminate floors whenever I want or need a deeper clean. 

You can choose the size that is right for you.  Available in the Mini, the regular size, the larger size (aka the Superior Mop), or, the Double Sided Mop (which lets you flip back in forth between wet & dry)

Other random notes on the floor systems: 
o   The handle is telescopic, great for reaching high places.  I have friends who farm and use theirs on their tractor and combine windows.
o   You can buy the Mop Brackets, which will allow for you to put an Envirocloth or Window Cloth onto your mop and use it on high windows, or other places you normally can’t reach

o   You can attach your Envirowand to the pole.

1 comment:

  1. Staying home with the kids, I have had to learn how to keep the house clean the way my wife did before she began focusing on her career. She always complained about being the difficulty in keeping the floors clean, and now I understand her dilemma. This mop system sounds great, and I appreciate the care tips as well as how to use the mop to the best advantage.

    Clifford @ ETC Pads

    ReplyDelete